Physiotherapy has two functions: to prevent disease and disability, and to heal the body after injury.
As physiotherapists we aim to use physical therapy to relieve pain and restore function to the body. We work with people of all ages, including babies and the elderly. We see the body as a whole and treat each of our patients in a holistic manner.
What you can expect from a physiotherapy session.
- We will take a history of your health, with a focus on your current presenting condition.
- We will assess and test your functional movement and apply manual therapy during the appointment.
- We will also prescribe at home rehabilitation exercises for you to continue between your appointments. Your cooperation and commitment to performing these exercises daily will have a major impact on your recovery quality and length of time.
What sort of conditions are suitable for physiotherapy?
- Any injuries to bones, joints or soft tissue, such as back or neck pain and sports injuries.
- Rehabilitation after a heart attack or a stroke, or to assist in ongoing care of a patient with MS or Parkinson's Disease.